I went to sleep thinking about Haiti. I woke up thinking about Haiti. I don’t have words for my feelings, but they are immense. Here are 7.0 ways to help send relief.
1. The above print is being sold by Etsy shop Winking Owl and is by Haitian artist Jean Marc. 100% of proceeds are being sent to the organization partner’s in health. If you click on Etsy and enter Haiti many of the shops are donating all of their sales to varying relief funds.
2. Donate to Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres. Previous to the quake they already had 800 medical staff and 3 centers set up. All 3 centers were devastated. They are raising money to set up a 100 bed hospital with an inflatable surgical unit.
3. Make a $10 donation to the Red Cross by texting ‘Haiti’ to 90999. All major phone companies are taking part and the donation will show up on your next phone bill.
4. Text ‘Yele’ to 501501 to donate $5 to the Yele Earthquake Fund headed up by Wyclef Jean. You can also visit his organization at http://www.yele.org to make a donation.
5. Donate securely online to Unicef
6. Donate to Partners in Health directly. They are an amazing organization that runs the largest non-governmental healthcare facility in Haiti. They offer comprehensive healthcare regardless of an individual’s ability to pay.
7. Text ‘Haiti’ to 25383 to donate $5 to the Internal Rescue Committee.